Suffolk man shot in his backyard after returning from work
Suffolk, Va. – The Suffolk Police Department is investigating after a man was hospitalized in a shooting Wednesday night.
Emergency dispatchers received the call at 11:16 p.m. Wednesday night.
It happened in the 300 block of Hill Street in the Olde Town neighborhood of downtown Suffolk. The victim was approached from the rear and was shot as he got out of his vehicle in his backyard after returning from work.
The victim was able to make his way to a neighbor’s porch for assistance, and was ground transported by EMS to Sentara Norfolk General. The suspect ran away.
The victim has been identified as 50-year-old Edward Wiggins of the 300 block of Hill Street.
Wiggins underwent surgery Wednesday night and remains hospitalized at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital.
Police request that anyone that may have information on this incident contact Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP. When calling Crime Line, callers do not have to give their names or appear in court. If information leads to an arrest, the caller could qualify for a reward of up to $1,000.
The incident remains under investigation.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom