USS Dwight D. Eisenhower to hold change of command Friday
Norfolk, Va. – Captain Stephen L. Koehler will relieve Captain Marcus A. Hitchcock as commanding officer of the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower in a shipboard ceremony on Friday.
The Ike returned July 3rd after completing a 4.5 month deployment in support of maritime security operations and Operation Enduring Freedom.
Hitchcock’s next duty assignment will be as the N7 at United States Fleet Forces Command in Nofolk, Va.
Timelapse: The USS Dwight D. Eisenhower returns to Naval Station Norfolk
Military greetings: Loved ones welcome home their sailors
Photos: USS Eisenhower returns to Hampton Roads
Photos: The USS Dwight D. Eisenhower on deployment
‘Rawhides’ return to Naval Station Norfolk
Carrier Air Wing 7 returns after Ike deployment
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel