Public crime meeting to be held in Hampton
Hampton, Va. – On Tuesday, recent shootings will be discussed during a special public meeting in Hampton.
The most recent shooting involved two little boys.
They were shot while outside with their grandfather on Childs Avenue last week.
1-year-old Kamryn and 5-month-old “Little Willie” are both at home this morning.
A bullet cracked Little Willie’s skull.
He was just released from the hospital yesterday.
His brother, Kamryn, was shot in the leg; he was discharged over the weekend.
City officials are trying to prevent incidents like this one from happening again.
Council members are considering measures aimed at increasing police presence on the streets, as well as money for surveillance cameras and better internet capability in patrol cars. The meeting will be held at 12 p.m. in the Council Chambers, located on the 8th floor of the City Hall Building at 22 Lincoln Street.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million