James City County identify body found in creek Sunday
Update: James City County Police have positively identified the body recovered Sunday, July 14 from Black Stump Creek. The subject’s name is Robert Cary Watson Jr., a 31-year-old, white male from Williamsburg. He was last seen at 3:15 p.m., Friday, July 12. Watson’s family has been notified and police are continuing the investigation.
James City County, Va. – James City County Police are asking for help in identifying a body found on Sunday in Black Stump Creek.
The body was found off the Chickahominy River adjacent to the 2300 block of Bush Neck Road around 4pm by a boater.
The body is a white male, 5’4, and believed to be in his teens to late 30s with dark brown or black hair.
There are no identifying marks or items on the body. It is believed he had been in the water for 3 to 4 days.
If the public has any information on a missing boater or missing person, please contact the James City County Police Department at 566-0112.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!