James City County identify body found in creek Sunday
Update: James City County Police have positively identified the body recovered Sunday, July 14 from Black Stump Creek. The subject’s name is Robert Cary Watson Jr., a 31-year-old, white male from Williamsburg. He was last seen at 3:15 p.m., Friday, July 12. Watson’s family has been notified and police are continuing the investigation.
James City County, Va. – James City County Police are asking for help in identifying a body found on Sunday in Black Stump Creek.
The body was found off the Chickahominy River adjacent to the 2300 block of Bush Neck Road around 4pm by a boater.
The body is a white male, 5’4, and believed to be in his teens to late 30s with dark brown or black hair.
There are no identifying marks or items on the body. It is believed he had been in the water for 3 to 4 days.
If the public has any information on a missing boater or missing person, please contact the James City County Police Department at 566-0112.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen