Rabid fox attacks 70-year-old woman in Isle of Wight
Isle of Wight County, Va. – A 70-year-old Isle of Wight woman was attacked by a rabid fox just on July 2nd.
The Isle of Wight County Sheriff’s Office says the incident happened just after 8:00 p.m. in the 14000 block of Waterworks Road.
Deputies arrived at the home after complaints of a fox attacking a cat and trying to bite through a door of the home.
The deputies found no signs of the fox and advised the woman to call if she spotted it again.
Just before leaving the scene, the deputies heard loud screams from the back of the residence. They ran back to find that the woman, who had gone outside to move her car, had been attacked by the fox.
It jumped into her lap as she opened her car door to exit and was biting her.
As deputies approached, the woman fell out of the car and both deputies attempted to get the fox off of the woman.
The fox then jumped from the victim onto one of the deputies and bit into the handcuff case on his belt.
The deputy was finally able to shake the fox off and deputies were able to euthanize it.
The woman was transported to the hospital where she had to undergo rabies treatment.
All residents are asked to be extra cautious and never to approach any wildlife.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million