Crooks break through wall, into Andy Boy’s Pizza
Chesapeake, Va. – A big gaping hole marks the spot where burglars broke into Andy Boy`s pizza shop overnight.
The owner was too hurt to talk about the smashed arcade games and jukebox on camera.
“This is a family place and these people feel this sort of thing when it happens,” says a customer.
But loyal customers of nearly 30 years spoke for him.
“This guy that runs this place, he`s not the kind of guy that`s gonna get scared away by a cheap break-in like this,” says another customer.
The Andy Boy`s staff spent much of the morning cleaning up the mess.
The owner says someone must have jimmied the door to the vacant business next to his overnight.
The crooks carved out a hole then ripped apart the arcade games and jukebox for cash.
You can see the big hole, but what you can`t see is the smell. It appears the crooks poured bleach in an attempt to cover their tracks
The owner says they’ve had to bounce back from worse than this.
He says a few years ago, his employees were robbed at gunpoint. No one was hurt.
He says his business didn’t suffer thanks to customers who keep coming back for more.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen