Sailor wins $100,000 from lottery scratcher ticket on the Fourth of July
Norfolk, Va. – Christopher Kulp was buying supplies for a Fourth of July cookout when he stopped and bought a Jewel 7’s Scratcher ticket from the Virginia Lottery.
Kulp, who is an E-6 in the U. S. Navy, scratched the ticket in his car and realized he’d won the $100,000 top prize.
“I about fainted in my car,” he told Virginia Lottery officials. “My wife didn’t believe me. She had to see it in person.”
He bought the winning ticket at Farm Fresh, 179 West Oceanview Avenue in Norfolk.
When asked how it feels to win the Lottery, he replied, “The feeling is indescribable.”
Jewel 7’s (game #1431) is one of dozens of Scratcher games available from the Virginia Lottery. Tickets can be Ruby Red, like the one Kulp bought, or Emerald Green, Sapphire Blue or Diamond White. He is the first player to claim the $100,000 prize in game #1431, which means 15 top-prize tickets remain unclaimed.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen