Bail hearing for Aaron Hernandez associate moved to August
By Susan Candiotti and Laura Dolan
(CNN) — A bail hearing for a man arrested in connection with homicide allegations against former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez was postponed Tuesday.
In a brief court proceeding in Attleboro, Massachusetts, the bail hearing for Carlos Ortiz was continued to August 14.
Ortiz was arrested in Connecticut on a Massachusetts firearms charge June 26, the same day Hernandez was arrested on suspicion of killing Odin Lloyd, 27.
Hernandez has been charged with premeditated murder. He has pleaded not guilty.
Authorities have said Hernandez, 23, Ortiz and another man picked Lloyd up from his Boston apartment early on June 17. Surveillance cameras captured the car at an industrial park near Hernandez’s North Attleborough home.
Lloyd’s body was found in the industrial park later that day, authorities have said.
The Patriots released Hernandez after the arrest.
In Tuesday’s proceeding, the court ordered that records in connection with Ortiz’s case remain sealed.
A law enforcement source told CNN earlier that Ortiz was cooperating with investigators. The source declined to elaborate.
™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.