Man who died on Oceanfront beach was killed by illegal fireworks
Virginia Beach, Va – The Medical Examiner’s office has confirmed that a man whose body was found on the beach at the Oceanfront died of an explosion injury to the head. Police say this happened as he was trying to ignite fireworks.
Police received a call shortly after 7:00 am Sunday of a body found on the beach at 76th Street at the Oceanfront.
The body has been identified as Jim Englehardt by the Medical Examiner.
Police said Monday that the death was being investigated as a possible suicide but that the case remains under investigation.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 and wtkr.com for more updates as they become available.
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury