Man who died on Oceanfront beach was killed by illegal fireworks
Virginia Beach, Va – The Medical Examiner’s office has confirmed that a man whose body was found on the beach at the Oceanfront died of an explosion injury to the head. Police say this happened as he was trying to ignite fireworks.
Police received a call shortly after 7:00 am Sunday of a body found on the beach at 76th Street at the Oceanfront.
The body has been identified as Jim Englehardt by the Medical Examiner.
Police said Monday that the death was being investigated as a possible suicide but that the case remains under investigation.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 and wtkr.com for more updates as they become available.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom