Update: Man arrested in Norfolk shooting death
Cartrell Darrell Ford of Norfolk, Va.
Update: Police have made an arrest in the shooting death of Robert Hines Jr., of the 9600 block of 19th Bay Street in Norfolk.
Investigators have arrested Cartrell Darrell Ford, of the 7900 block of Thompson Road in Norfolk. Ford has been charged with Murder, Use or Display of a Firearm in Commission of Felony, and Possession/Transportation of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon.
Norfolk police are looking for the person who shot and killed a man Sunday night.
It happened around 10:30 p.m. on 19th Bay Street.
Blood stains the gravel driveway in front of Beach Point Apartments in Ocean View after a man was murdered late last night.
Neighbors tell NewsChannel 3 they heard a single gunshot and called police around 10:30 Sunday night.
When officers arrived at the apartment complex – they found a man lying outside who had been shot.
He was taken to the hospital where he later died.
“You know, I’m from Michigan, this happens all the time where I’m from, but I ain’t see nothing around here,” says a neighbor.
Norfolk investigators spent the morning collecting evidence – looking for any clue that may lead them to catch a killer.
Officers are still trying to figure out exactly what led to the deadly shooting since no one saw or heard anything before the gunshot.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Grandy EMT allegedly hid camera in bunk room, Radio Shack tanning booth