Soldier proposes to girlfriend at Braves game
Atlanta – In the third inning of Sunday’s Braves-Diamondbacks series finale, First Lt. Ariel Castro offered the biggest surprise of the day’s Tribute to the Troops event by asking ‘The Question’, according to FoxSportsSouth.com.
With his girlfriend Cherie Byron sitting to his right and cameras fixated on her expression, Castro, who is stationed at Fort Benning, Ga., got down on one knee and asked for her hand in marriage.
Did she say yes?
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- One dead, eight hurt in multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains