Update: Missing man found safe in Norfolk
Update: Ashby Edwards has been found safe in Norfolk and is with relatives after being checked by rescue personnel.
Virginia Beach, Va – Search and Rescue crews are looking for an elderly man that was reported missing around 2:30pm Sunday.
Police say 61 year-old Ashby Edwards was last seen at 11:30am at Beacon Shores Nursing and Rehabilitation at 340 Lynn Shores Drive, off Virginia Beach Blvd.
Edwards’ wheelchair was discarded and police say he suffers from acute respiratory failure and dementia.
Search and Rescue personnel, rescue dogs, and an air unit are actively searching for Edwards.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket