Update: Missing man found safe in Norfolk
Update: Ashby Edwards has been found safe in Norfolk and is with relatives after being checked by rescue personnel.
Virginia Beach, Va – Search and Rescue crews are looking for an elderly man that was reported missing around 2:30pm Sunday.
Police say 61 year-old Ashby Edwards was last seen at 11:30am at Beacon Shores Nursing and Rehabilitation at 340 Lynn Shores Drive, off Virginia Beach Blvd.
Edwards’ wheelchair was discarded and police say he suffers from acute respiratory failure and dementia.
Search and Rescue personnel, rescue dogs, and an air unit are actively searching for Edwards.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen