Man accused of strangling, cooking puppy
(CNN) – A Florida man is accused of strangling a family puppy, chopping it into pieces and cooking its ribs on the stove, Tampa police said.
Thomas Elliot Huggins, 25, was arrested Thursday after a family member called police.
“When officers arrived, they found the dog’s ribs cooked in a pot on the stove,” Tampa police said. “The dog’s head was in the garbage.”
Huggins had strangled the 5- to 6-month-old puppy and chopped it into quarters, storing pieces in the freezer for future meals, authorities said.
He was arrested on suspicion of animal cruelty. Animal control officials took the remains of the puppy.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’