Severe T-Storm Watch until 10pm
A Severe Thunderstorm Watch has been issued for parts of the NewsChannel 3 viewing area until 10pm this evening. The watch includes all of the Peninsula, Middle Peninsula, and Eastern Shore. Southside Hampton Roads is not included in the watch; however, strong to possibly severe storms can occur outside of watch boxes.
Counties included in the watch are: Accomack, Northampton, Gloucester, Matthews, Hampton, Newport News, Poquoson, James City, Surry, Isle of Wight, Southampton and York.
Remember, by definition a severe thunderstorm is a storm that contains damaging winds in excess of 60mph and/or hail over 1 inch in diameter. Many times, these storms do contain vivid lightning, however, that is neither a requirement nor a reason for a warning to be issued. Stay with NewsChannel 3 for the latest updates and possible warnings this afternoon.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home