Norfolk Fire-Rescue on scene of gas leak
Norfolk, Va. – Norfolk Fire-Rescue are currently on the scene of a gas leak near the downtown area.
The call came in just after 11 a.m. at the intersection of Wood Street and Fenchurch Street.
Firefighters say construction crews were at that location when the gas line was inadvertently cut. We’re told the puncture caused a minor leak.
No residents or businesses were evacuated, nor were there any injuries or hazardous conditions reported.
Virginia Natural Gas has been contacted to secure the leak.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'