Football team kicks out girl because of ‘lustful thoughts’ from male teammates
A female middle school athlete who dreamed of possibly earning a football scholarship had her hopes dashed this week after officials at her Christian academy in Locus Grove, Ga., said she could not play next year because she is a girl. That is according to a recent report from The Huffington Post.
Maddy Blythe, 12, was a defensive tackle for the Strong Rock Christian School’s Patriots team, according to the report. But school officials, including Strong Rock Christian School CEO Patrick Stuart, disagreed, according to Maddy and her mother, Cassy Blythe.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery