Football team kicks out girl because of ‘lustful thoughts’ from male teammates
A female middle school athlete who dreamed of possibly earning a football scholarship had her hopes dashed this week after officials at her Christian academy in Locus Grove, Ga., said she could not play next year because she is a girl. That is according to a recent report from The Huffington Post.
Maddy Blythe, 12, was a defensive tackle for the Strong Rock Christian School’s Patriots team, according to the report. But school officials, including Strong Rock Christian School CEO Patrick Stuart, disagreed, according to Maddy and her mother, Cassy Blythe.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- UPDATE: "Katherine" the Great White Shark spotted in the surf off Kitty Hawk
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly