Chris Brown’s rep denies assault claim
By CNN Staff
(CNN) — Chris Brown’s rep has denied allegations that the singer assaulted a woman while inside of an Anaheim, California, nightclub on Saturday.
The accuser told TMZ that Brown shoved her while they were in the VIP area of Heat Ultra Lounge that night, causing her to take a hard fall and injuring her knee.
The owner of the venue has called the claims false, and Brown’s rep has made a similar denial.
“Reports that Chris Brown had physical contact with a female patron at the nightclub Heat are totally false and unfounded,” Brown’s rep told CNN. “Upon speaking with witnesses, security and the owner of the club, it has been proven that said patron caused the physical harm to herself in her belligerent state.”
According to the Anaheim Police Department, an assault and battery report was filed by phone on Sunday evening. The case is considered an open and ongoing investigation.
CNN’s Carolyn Sung contributed to this report
™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million