Arrest made in shooting between two cars in Chesapeake
Update: Javonte A. Johnson, 23, of the 2800 block of Parkside Drive was arrested Thursday in connection to the shooting. He has been charged with two counts of malicious wounding and two counts of possession of a firearm in commission of a felony.
Chesapeake, Va. – Two people were wounded early this morning in Chesapeake when two men fired into a car full of people following a fight.
Police say the fight occurred around 2:20 AM in the 2000 block of Candlelight Dr. Five people left the fight in one car, and were followed by two men in another vehicle who shot into their car in the area of Providence Rd. and Campostella Rd.
The two victims were transported to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Police say the two suspects are two black men who may be driving a silver two-door car, possible an Acura.
Anyone with information on this shooting is asked to call, text or submit an on-line tip to the Chesapeake Crime Line.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery