Arrest made in shooting between two cars in Chesapeake
Update: Javonte A. Johnson, 23, of the 2800 block of Parkside Drive was arrested Thursday in connection to the shooting. He has been charged with two counts of malicious wounding and two counts of possession of a firearm in commission of a felony.
Chesapeake, Va. – Two people were wounded early this morning in Chesapeake when two men fired into a car full of people following a fight.
Police say the fight occurred around 2:20 AM in the 2000 block of Candlelight Dr. Five people left the fight in one car, and were followed by two men in another vehicle who shot into their car in the area of Providence Rd. and Campostella Rd.
The two victims were transported to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Police say the two suspects are two black men who may be driving a silver two-door car, possible an Acura.
Anyone with information on this shooting is asked to call, text or submit an on-line tip to the Chesapeake Crime Line.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Grandy EMT allegedly hid camera in bunk room, Radio Shack tanning booth