Gunman shoots 4 in North Carolina
(CNN) — A gunman shot four people in Greenville, North Carolina, before being shot by police, Mayor Allen Thomas told CNN.
Shortly before noon, the gunman approached and shot the four victims in a parking lot and on the street, Thomas said.
Police then exchanged gunfire with the man in another parking lot, he said.
The victims have been transported to a hospital. The condition of the suspect is unknown.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship