Gunman shoots 4 in North Carolina
(CNN) — A gunman shot four people in Greenville, North Carolina, before being shot by police, Mayor Allen Thomas told CNN.
Shortly before noon, the gunman approached and shot the four victims in a parking lot and on the street, Thomas said.
Police then exchanged gunfire with the man in another parking lot, he said.
The victims have been transported to a hospital. The condition of the suspect is unknown.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Victim's family angry after killer gets unsupervised leave