Senior guardsman removed over sex assault allegations
Sgt. Maj. Tommy Caillier was removed on June 14 “for cause” in relation to allegations by a member of the National Guard, spokesman Lt. Col Mike Kazmierzak said.
A criminal investigation has been launched into possible sexual assault, he said.
Caillier has requested defense council from the National Guard, Kazmierzak said.
The case comes as the U.S. military is under pressure to crack down on sexual assault that victims say is rampant in the culture of the armed forces.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car