Senior guardsman removed over sex assault allegations
Sgt. Maj. Tommy Caillier was removed on June 14 “for cause” in relation to allegations by a member of the National Guard, spokesman Lt. Col Mike Kazmierzak said.
A criminal investigation has been launched into possible sexual assault, he said.
Caillier has requested defense council from the National Guard, Kazmierzak said.
The case comes as the U.S. military is under pressure to crack down on sexual assault that victims say is rampant in the culture of the armed forces.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel