UPDATE: Suspect vehicle located, driver identified in Newport News fatal hit-and-run
UPDATE: The suspect vehicle has been located and the driver of the pick-up truck has been identified by police. At this time he has not been arrested, but charges are pending.
Newport News, Va. – Newport News police are investigating a deadly hit and run on Warwick Boulevard and Hilltop Road. It happened just after 9 pm Sunday.
Police say a pick-up truck hit 54-year-old Marcella Yvette Spain of the 300 block of Hilltop Drive, and then took off. Spain died at the scene.
The pickup truck is described as being white with an extended cab and having a steel toolbox in the bed. There is extensive damage to the front of the truck.
Police say they have located the vehicle. However, no charges have been obtained as of yet and the investigation continues.
If you have any information on this, call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million