UPDATE: Suspect vehicle located, driver identified in Newport News fatal hit-and-run
UPDATE: The suspect vehicle has been located and the driver of the pick-up truck has been identified by police. At this time he has not been arrested, but charges are pending.
Newport News, Va. – Newport News police are investigating a deadly hit and run on Warwick Boulevard and Hilltop Road. It happened just after 9 pm Sunday.
Police say a pick-up truck hit 54-year-old Marcella Yvette Spain of the 300 block of Hilltop Drive, and then took off. Spain died at the scene.
The pickup truck is described as being white with an extended cab and having a steel toolbox in the bed. There is extensive damage to the front of the truck.
Police say they have located the vehicle. However, no charges have been obtained as of yet and the investigation continues.
If you have any information on this, call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel