Man airlifted to hospital after being burned in Newport News house fire
Newport News Fire crews responded to residential fire in the 1200 block of 28th street on Friday afternoon just before 2:30 p.m.
The fire began in the kitchen of the home and was determined to be accidental. It was out by the time crews arrived.
One adult male in his early 20s suffered significant burns to 10% to 15% of his body and was airlifted to Norfolk General Hospital. His condition is unknown at this time.
The home had minor damage from the fire. There were no operable smoke detectors in the house at the time of the fire.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Video: Utah Jazz mascot gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head