Man airlifted to hospital after being burned in Newport News house fire
Newport News Fire crews responded to residential fire in the 1200 block of 28th street on Friday afternoon just before 2:30 p.m.
The fire began in the kitchen of the home and was determined to be accidental. It was out by the time crews arrived.
One adult male in his early 20s suffered significant burns to 10% to 15% of his body and was airlifted to Norfolk General Hospital. His condition is unknown at this time.
The home had minor damage from the fire. There were no operable smoke detectors in the house at the time of the fire.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home