Violent fugitive wanted in Norfolk
Norfolk, Va.- Norfolk police are looking for a man who they say is a violent fugitive.
42-year-old Kaies Mohamed Saidi is accused of attacking his live-in girlfriend at their home on Bayville Court.
Luckily, the victim’s adult son was also there at the time.
“He tried to stab those individuals. The adult son was able to overpower our subject and he just held him down until police arrived,” says Chris Amos with the Norfolk Police Department.
Saidi was arrested, but then he disappeared.
Police say he didn’t show up in court and now he’s hiding out.
That’s why police are turning to NewsChannel 3 for help with this case.
“Taking Action Against Crime has a proven track record of helping law enforcement get folks off the street that need to be taken off the street,” says Amos.
Saidi faces several serious charges including malicious wounding, domestic assault and contempt of court.
Police are hoping one of our viewers recognizes him and takes action against crime.
“You’ve done it a number of times for cases in Norfolk and we’re confident that this may yet add to that number. So we’re hopeful somebody may see it, somebody will make that phone call,” says Amos.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Grandy EMT allegedly hid camera in bunk room, Radio Shack tanning booth