NCDOT cancels some weekend ferry routes
Hatteras, N.C. – The North Carolina Department of Transportation’s Ferry Division has canceled several ferry runs scheduled to take place Saturday and Sunday because of mechanical issues.
On Saturday, that includes the 5:30 p.m. and 8 p.m. runs from Hatteras to Ocracoke and the 6:45 p.m. and 9:15 p.m. runs from Ocracoke to Hatteras.
NCDOT has also canceled two Ocracoke-Swan Quarter ferry routes Sunday because of mechanical issues with the MV Cedar Island.
The 6:30 a.m. ferry from Ocracoke to Swan Quarter and the 10 a.m. Swan Quarter-Ocracoke ferry are canceled. Two other trips, 1 p.m. Ocracoke-Cedar Island and 4 p.m. Cedar Island-Ocracoke, are currently blocked because there is not a ferry available. The Ferry Division will have more information Sunday morning whether the Ocracoke-Cedar Island trips will take place.
For specific questions about ferry routes and schedules, call 800-293-3779 (BY-FERRY) and Press 1 for up-to-date ferry information, or sign up to receive Tweets on their personal cell phones by going to www.twitter.com/ncdot_ferry.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Victim's family angry after killer gets unsupervised leave