Firefighters battle fire in Suffolk
Suffolk, Va. – Suffolk Fire & Rescue responded to a house fire early Thursday evening.
The call for the fire came in just before 8 p.m. in the 400 block of Brook Avenue in the Saratoga neighborhood in downtown Suffolk.
Firefighters arrived on scene and found smoke coming from the windows of the single story house. The fire was under control in less than 15 minutes.
Several firefighters from Suffolk responded, the Nansemond-Suffolk Volunteer Rescue Squad also assisted in fighting the fire.
No one had to be displaced because of the fire.
The cause of the fire was ruled accidental.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified