USS Gunston Hall will open for tours during Harborfest
Norfolk, VA – The Little Creek-based dock landing ship USS Gunston Hall will be open to the public during the 37th Annual Norfolk Harborfest at Town Point Park in Downtown Norfolk.
Free public visits on the Gunston Hall will be held from when the ship docks until 5 p.m. on June 7th.
The ship will also be open to the public from 10am-5pm on June 8th and noon-5pm June 9th.
Marines from Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune will be providing a Marine Air-Ground Task Force static display aboard the ship including Assault Amphibious Vehicles, Medium Tactical Vehicle Replacement, High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles, weapons organic to the Marine Corps infantry and the MV-22 Osprey.
The Gunston Hall was commissioned on April 22, 1989 and is home ported at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek.
The ship also carries the Landing Craft Air Cushion (LCAC), an assault hovercraft with the ability to exceed 40 knots while carrying a 60-ton payload.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's