USS Gunston Hall will open for tours during Harborfest
Norfolk, VA – The Little Creek-based dock landing ship USS Gunston Hall will be open to the public during the 37th Annual Norfolk Harborfest at Town Point Park in Downtown Norfolk.
Free public visits on the Gunston Hall will be held from when the ship docks until 5 p.m. on June 7th.
The ship will also be open to the public from 10am-5pm on June 8th and noon-5pm June 9th.
Marines from Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune will be providing a Marine Air-Ground Task Force static display aboard the ship including Assault Amphibious Vehicles, Medium Tactical Vehicle Replacement, High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles, weapons organic to the Marine Corps infantry and the MV-22 Osprey.
The Gunston Hall was commissioned on April 22, 1989 and is home ported at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek.
The ship also carries the Landing Craft Air Cushion (LCAC), an assault hovercraft with the ability to exceed 40 knots while carrying a 60-ton payload.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales