Chesterfield Co. soldier killed in Afghanistan
A soldier from Chesterfield County was killed in Afghanistan on June 1, according to the Department of Defense.
Kyle P. Stoeckli, 21, of Moseley, was killed when his unit was attacked by an improvised explosive device.
He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 36th Infantry Regiment, 1st Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division, Fort Bliss, Texas.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million