Man critically injured in Virginia Beach shooting on Monday
Scene photo; Jackie Morlock
Virginia Beach, Va. – Two schools were placed on lockdown in Virginia Beach after a shooting Monday morning, police tell NewsChannel 3.
The shooting was reported just before 10:00 a.m. in the 700 block of Garfield Avenue.
Police say a 40-year-old man was shot outside of a home. The victim was transported to a local hospital, where he remains in critical condition.
Windsor Oaks and Windsor Woods Elementary were on external lockdowns, meaning no one was allowed in the building.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Virginia Beach Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are available.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time