Man critically injured in Virginia Beach shooting on Monday
Scene photo; Jackie Morlock
Virginia Beach, Va. – Two schools were placed on lockdown in Virginia Beach after a shooting Monday morning, police tell NewsChannel 3.
The shooting was reported just before 10:00 a.m. in the 700 block of Garfield Avenue.
Police say a 40-year-old man was shot outside of a home. The victim was transported to a local hospital, where he remains in critical condition.
Windsor Oaks and Windsor Woods Elementary were on external lockdowns, meaning no one was allowed in the building.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Virginia Beach Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are available.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket