Man critically injured in Virginia Beach shooting on Monday
Scene photo; Jackie Morlock
Virginia Beach, Va. – Two schools were placed on lockdown in Virginia Beach after a shooting Monday morning, police tell NewsChannel 3.
The shooting was reported just before 10:00 a.m. in the 700 block of Garfield Avenue.
Police say a 40-year-old man was shot outside of a home. The victim was transported to a local hospital, where he remains in critical condition.
Windsor Oaks and Windsor Woods Elementary were on external lockdowns, meaning no one was allowed in the building.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Virginia Beach Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are available.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’