Man critically injured in Virginia Beach shooting on Monday
Scene photo; Jackie Morlock
Virginia Beach, Va. – Two schools were placed on lockdown in Virginia Beach after a shooting Monday morning, police tell NewsChannel 3.
The shooting was reported just before 10:00 a.m. in the 700 block of Garfield Avenue.
Police say a 40-year-old man was shot outside of a home. The victim was transported to a local hospital, where he remains in critical condition.
Windsor Oaks and Windsor Woods Elementary were on external lockdowns, meaning no one was allowed in the building.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Virginia Beach Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are available.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach