Arizona Sunshine Pie
1 large lemon
1 stick melted butter
1 tsp pure vanilla
1 and ½ C granulated sugar
1 unbaked pie crust (your own, or your favourite store-brand)
Whipped cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Leaving rind on, cut lemon into small chunks; remove seeds. In a blender or food processor, blend together lemon chunks, eggs, butter, vanilla and sugar until mixture is smooth. It’s never going to get velvety smooth, but you shouldn’t have chunks of lemon in it, either.
Pour into unbaked (or blind-baked, for about 10 minutes) pie crust; bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. IF crust becomes too brown, cover gently with foil and finish baking.
Let cool, pipe whipped cream onto each serving.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom