Arizona Sunshine Pie
1 large lemon
1 stick melted butter
1 tsp pure vanilla
1 and ½ C granulated sugar
1 unbaked pie crust (your own, or your favourite store-brand)
Whipped cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Leaving rind on, cut lemon into small chunks; remove seeds. In a blender or food processor, blend together lemon chunks, eggs, butter, vanilla and sugar until mixture is smooth. It’s never going to get velvety smooth, but you shouldn’t have chunks of lemon in it, either.
Pour into unbaked (or blind-baked, for about 10 minutes) pie crust; bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. IF crust becomes too brown, cover gently with foil and finish baking.
Let cool, pipe whipped cream onto each serving.
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge