Two people injured after car crashes into Hampton home
Hampton, Va. – Two men were injured Sunday night when the car they were in crashed into the front porch of a house.
Hampton police say it happened around 6 p.m. in the 900 block of Beach Road. Officers had been dispatched to the area for a reckless driving complaint. They were notified of the crash on their way to the scene.
Police say a Honda Civic was traveling eastbound on Beach Road when the driver lost control, left the road and hit the house. Their preliminary investigation determined that speed was a factor in the crash.
The two men who were in the car were taken by ambulance to a local hospital. According to police, the driver is a 22-year-old man from Hampton and has non-life threatening injuries. The passenger, a 20-year-old man from Hampton, has life-threatening injuries
No one inside the home was injured.
Police are asking anyone with information about what happened to call Hampton Police at (757) 727-6111 or the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested