Update: Man arrested in Hampton maiming incident
Kenneth Winston Major
Update: Police have now arrested Kenneth Winston, in connection to the maiming incident that occurred on Monday.
Hampton, Va. – Hampton police have identified the suspect wanted in a maiming incident that happened on Monday.
It happened at 7:50 p.m. Monday evening. Police received a 911 call in reference to a shooting that happened behind an apartment in the 300 block of Michigan Drive.
When the officer arrived, they found a 34-year-old man suffering from a gunshot wound to the leg.
The victim was transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Investigators say the suspect approached the victim, pulled out a gun and shot him. The suspect ran away from the scene.
Police say the suspect and victim know each other.
The suspect has been identified as Kenneth Winston Major, a 22-year-old Hampton man with a last known address in the 200 block of Prince George Drive.
He has now been arrested police say.
He currently has warrants on file for one count of Maiming and one count of Use of a Firearm in Commission of a Felony.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations