Man wounded, arrested after allegedly shooting into Virginia Beach home
Virginia Beach, Va. – A Virginia Beach man is in jail after he allegedly shot into a home and was then wounded when someone inside returned fire.
Police say 28-year-old Troy Lorenzo Elliot got into a verbal dispute with someone living in the home in the 800 block of Liberal Arts Court just before 10 p.m., then kicked in the door and fired shots inside.
The occupant of the home grabbed a handgun and returned fire, wounding Elliot.
Elliot has been charged with Aggravated Malicious Wounding and Discharging a Firearm into an Occupied Dwelling. He is currently being held in the Virginia Beach Correctional Center without bond.
The case remains under investigation.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket