Man wounded, arrested after allegedly shooting into Virginia Beach home
Virginia Beach, Va. – A Virginia Beach man is in jail after he allegedly shot into a home and was then wounded when someone inside returned fire.
Police say 28-year-old Troy Lorenzo Elliot got into a verbal dispute with someone living in the home in the 800 block of Liberal Arts Court just before 10 p.m., then kicked in the door and fired shots inside.
The occupant of the home grabbed a handgun and returned fire, wounding Elliot.
Elliot has been charged with Aggravated Malicious Wounding and Discharging a Firearm into an Occupied Dwelling. He is currently being held in the Virginia Beach Correctional Center without bond.
The case remains under investigation.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million