Chesapeake man fighting for his life after being hit by car
Chesterfield County – A Chesapeake man is in the hospital with life-threatening injuries after being hit by a car in Chesterfield County.
Police says the accident happened on East Hundred Road near Rivers Bend Boulevard around 2:00am Sunday.
According to police, a vehicle driven by Giovanni Mothersill, 39 of Hopewell hit Joseph Summers, 55 of Chesapeake, when he was attempting to cross the road.
Summers was transported to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
The accident is still under investigation.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- UPDATE: Cargo ship runs aground in Virginia Beach; crews to start salvage plan Friday
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call