Update: All lanes have reopened at HRBT EB, still a 6 mile backup
Hampton, Va. – Both lanes of I-64 eastbound at the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel have reopened, according to VDOT.
Traffic is still backed up, though. As of 9 p.m. there was a 6 mile backup past LaSalle Ave.
The lanes were closed earlier in the evening because of a multi-vehicle accident. Dispatchers say four cars crashed inside the tunnel and several people were taken to the hospital. It’s unknown how serious their injuries are.
Click here to get updates with NewsChannel 3′s Beat the Traffic system.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!