Update: All lanes have reopened at HRBT EB, still a 6 mile backup
Hampton, Va. – Both lanes of I-64 eastbound at the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel have reopened, according to VDOT.
Traffic is still backed up, though. As of 9 p.m. there was a 6 mile backup past LaSalle Ave.
The lanes were closed earlier in the evening because of a multi-vehicle accident. Dispatchers say four cars crashed inside the tunnel and several people were taken to the hospital. It’s unknown how serious their injuries are.
Click here to get updates with NewsChannel 3′s Beat the Traffic system.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years