Update: All lanes have reopened at HRBT EB, still a 6 mile backup
Hampton, Va. – Both lanes of I-64 eastbound at the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel have reopened, according to VDOT.
Traffic is still backed up, though. As of 9 p.m. there was a 6 mile backup past LaSalle Ave.
The lanes were closed earlier in the evening because of a multi-vehicle accident. Dispatchers say four cars crashed inside the tunnel and several people were taken to the hospital. It’s unknown how serious their injuries are.
Click here to get updates with NewsChannel 3′s Beat the Traffic system.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Man struck and killed by truck in Newport News; driver arrested