Truck flips on Northampton Blvd.
Virginia Beach, Va. - An F-150 truck flipped over in the 5300 block of Northampton Boulevard Friday morning around 11:15 a.m., police tell NewsChannel 3.
Police say they received a call at 11:14 a.m. Friday morning, reporting a vehicle that had flipped over, “coming to rest on its roof.”
According to Master Police Officer Walter Wallace, wet pavement caused the wheels to spin, and the driver over corrected – smashing into the guard rail – which caused it to flip.
The driver is a 23-year-old woman, police say. The woman was trapped inside the truck for 10 minutes. Fire crews were able to pull her out safely. A male passenger was also inside; he was not injured.
The driver was transported to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital via Nightingale, with non life-threatening injuries.
Northbound traffic towards the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel was temporarily shut down.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight