13th Annual Urban League of Hampton Roads Golf Classic
Are you ready to take action for your community – by playing a round of golf?
Edith White, President & CEO of Urban League of Hampton Roads and Dr. Fred Quarles, Board Member of Urban League of Hampton Roads, Inc. join the morning show to talk about the upcoming Urban League Golf Classic.
This annual golf classic offers an opportunity for corporations and individuals in the community to enjoy a day of golfing as they lend their support to the Urban League of Hampton Roads, Inc. It’s one of the biggest fundraisers for the Urban League of Hampton Roads.
A golf “pro” (Dr. Fred Quarles) shows Laila and Blaine how to golf while Edith White, President and CEO of Urban League of Hampton Roads, talks about the upcoming golf classic.
The Urban League is a non-profit, non-partisan, community-based organization with a mission to assist African Americans and others in the achievement of social and economic equality. The League implements its mission through advocacy, program services, coalition building, and research.
Event: 13th Annual Urban League of Hampton Roads Golf Classic
Date: Thursday, June 27
Time: 9 a.m.
Location: The Signature at West Neck, 3100 Arnold Palmer Drive, Virginia Beach
Admission: Golfers Registration: $120
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen