College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize
Jazlyn Leak of Yorktown scratched her Virginia Lottery ticket and “BAM there it was!” She revealed the top prize of $1,000,000 in $70 Million Payout Spectacular. Next, she jumped up and down.
She bought the winning ticket at the Kroger on Village Avenue in Yorktown.
She had a choice of taking the full $1 million over 25 years or a one-time cash option of $642,000 before taxes. She chose the cash option. The store received a $10,000 bonus from the Lottery for selling the winning ticket.
Ms. Leak, a student at Thomas Nelson Community College, told Lottery officials she has no immediate plans for the money.
$70 Million Payout Spectacular is one of dozens of Scratcher games available from the Virginia Lottery. It features prizes ranging from $10 all the way to $1,000,000. Ms. Leak is the seventh $1,000,000 winner in this game, which means just one top prize remains unclaimed.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel