College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize
Jazlyn Leak of Yorktown scratched her Virginia Lottery ticket and “BAM there it was!” She revealed the top prize of $1,000,000 in $70 Million Payout Spectacular. Next, she jumped up and down.
She bought the winning ticket at the Kroger on Village Avenue in Yorktown.
She had a choice of taking the full $1 million over 25 years or a one-time cash option of $642,000 before taxes. She chose the cash option. The store received a $10,000 bonus from the Lottery for selling the winning ticket.
Ms. Leak, a student at Thomas Nelson Community College, told Lottery officials she has no immediate plans for the money.
$70 Million Payout Spectacular is one of dozens of Scratcher games available from the Virginia Lottery. It features prizes ranging from $10 all the way to $1,000,000. Ms. Leak is the seventh $1,000,000 winner in this game, which means just one top prize remains unclaimed.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- UPDATE: Cargo ship runs aground in Virginia Beach; crews to start salvage plan Friday
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call