Hampton police search for man accused of breaking into apartments
Hampton, Va. – Police say a burglar is on the loose, preying on people who are at work.
Police say Michael Anthony McCoy, Jr. has been lurking in Hampton communities, breaking into apartments when no one is home.
Hampton investigators say McCoy got away with large screen televisions, computers, gaming systems and cash.
McCoy is accused of two burglaries.
The first was May 6th at an apartment at Twin Lakes Circle off Cunningham Drive.
Then police say McCoy struck again two days later at an apartment on Goldsboro Drive near Mercury and Jefferson.
Police are worried he could be involved with other break-ins.
He has several tattoos, including two on his right arm that say RIP Rick and RIP Rell.
Police need you take action and call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP if you have any information that could help police capture him.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen