Hampton police search for man accused of breaking into apartments
Hampton, Va. – Police say a burglar is on the loose, preying on people who are at work.
Police say Michael Anthony McCoy, Jr. has been lurking in Hampton communities, breaking into apartments when no one is home.
Hampton investigators say McCoy got away with large screen televisions, computers, gaming systems and cash.
McCoy is accused of two burglaries.
The first was May 6th at an apartment at Twin Lakes Circle off Cunningham Drive.
Then police say McCoy struck again two days later at an apartment on Goldsboro Drive near Mercury and Jefferson.
Police are worried he could be involved with other break-ins.
He has several tattoos, including two on his right arm that say RIP Rick and RIP Rell.
Police need you take action and call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP if you have any information that could help police capture him.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Victim's family angry after killer gets unsupervised leave