Sexual assault suspect sought in Gloucester
The Gloucester County Sheriff’s Office is looking for a suspect responsible for the sexual assault of a woman during an incident early Monday morning.
The victim called 911 around 1:00 a.m. Monday reporting that her home in the 7000 block of Bellehaven Drive had been broken into and she had been sexually assaulted.
The suspect apparently forced entry into the home just before attacking the victim.
The victim was sexually assaulted and robbed before the suspect fled in an unknown direction by unknown means of travel.
The suspect is described as a white male, approximately 6′ tall. He was wearing jeans and a hoodie with a bandana.
The sheriff’s office says this may not be an isolated incident. Neighboring residences report a suspicious person has been in the area lately.
Anyone who sees a suspicious person is asked to call the sheriff’s office at 693-3890. Anyone with information regarding this crime or any other should call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea