Three arrested for smuggling contraband into the Newport News City Jail
Newport News, Va. – Newport News Sheriff’s Deputies arrested three people on Friday for smuggling a cell phone into the jail for an inmate.
Deputies made the arrests after acting on a tip they received on May 15th.
The Sheriff’s Department has not said how the individuals smuggled the phone to the inmate.
Arrested were Samuel A. Frazier,40, and Britany T. Stewart, 22.
Both have had felony charges placed against them, of providing a cell phone to an incarcerated person and conspiracy.
Frazier is being held in the Newport News City Jail on a $5,000 bond and Stewart is being held on a $2,000 bond.
Inmate Anthony D. Carey, 25, is charged with being a prisoner in possession of a cell phone and conspiracy. Both are felony charges. He remains in the Newport News City Jail where he is currently serving time on a forgery conviction.Submit Your Photo
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach