Three arrested for smuggling contraband into the Newport News City Jail
Newport News, Va. – Newport News Sheriff’s Deputies arrested three people on Friday for smuggling a cell phone into the jail for an inmate.
Deputies made the arrests after acting on a tip they received on May 15th.
The Sheriff’s Department has not said how the individuals smuggled the phone to the inmate.
Arrested were Samuel A. Frazier,40, and Britany T. Stewart, 22.
Both have had felony charges placed against them, of providing a cell phone to an incarcerated person and conspiracy.
Frazier is being held in the Newport News City Jail on a $5,000 bond and Stewart is being held on a $2,000 bond.
Inmate Anthony D. Carey, 25, is charged with being a prisoner in possession of a cell phone and conspiracy. Both are felony charges. He remains in the Newport News City Jail where he is currently serving time on a forgery conviction.Submit Your Photo
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Two dead in homicide-suicide shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'