Grandfather dies after a hit and run in Hampton
Ronald Artis Fladger with his daughter and granddaughter
Hampton, Va. – A Hampton man is dead after police say he was hit by a car.
Police found Ronald Artis Fladger, 59, lying in the street near Aberdeen Road and 52nd Street around 5:40 a.m.They say the person who hit Fladger took off.
He was then transported to the hospital and pronounced dead at 7:23 a.m.
Fladger’s daughter, Danielle, says her dad would not hurt a fly.
“If you saw him five times in one hour, he is going to speak to you all five times,” says Danielle.
Witnesses say they heard the crash and then saw a light blue four door sedan in the area. Family hopes the person responsible will turn themselves in.
“I’m sure you have a heart, and I’m sure you have a dad, and if anyone hit your dad you would want the person to come forward,” says Danielle.
Danielle told NewsChannel 3 her dad was walking to work to do security when he was hit.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-Lock-U-Up.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Victim's family angry after killer gets unsupervised leave