Storms, heavy rains hit the peninsula and points north
Four inches of rain has already fallen in these areas and several more inches of rain possible.
The rain has ended for most areas around Williamsburg.
We’ll get a chance to dry out for at least a few hours, but more showers and storms are possible overnight and tomorrow morning.
A tornado warning for York County expired at 7:45pm and a flood warning for urban areas and small streams in Williamsburg, James City Co. and York Co. until 8:30 PM.
The Colonial Parkway has flooded and is impassable at the Williamsburg Visitors Center.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains