Two-vehicle collision causes gas station fire in Hampton
Hampton, Va. – A gas station in Hampton caught fire Friday afternoon after a two vehicle collision.
A driver struck the gas pump at the Exxon gas station located at Mercury Boulevard and Big Bethel Road. The driver was transported to the hospital for minor lacerations. According to Hampton Police Division Cpl. Mary Shackelford, another vehicle was involved.
All vehicle occupants were able to get out of the car.
No life threatening injuries have been reported.
Brittany Charmain Jones, a 20-year-old Hampton woman was charged with one count of reckless driving.Submit Your Photo
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen