Police officer involved in vehicle accident
Suffolk, Va. – Crews responded to a vehicle accident involving a police officer at 1:49 p.m. Wednesday, according to Suffolk City Spokesperson, Diana Klink.
It happened in the 3200 block of Holland Road/Route 58. There were injuries involved, although officials say, they do not appear to be serious.
An elderly driver in a Chevy pick-up truck pulled in front of the police officer, causing the cruiser to strike the truck.
The airbag deployed in both vehicles.
The officer received minor injuries to his arm, however, medical treatment was not needed.
The elderly driver and passenger in the pick-up truck were ground transported to Sentara Obici Hospital with non-life threatening injuries, officials say.
The accident remains under investigation.
The scene is clear at this time.
Stay tuned for updates.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen