Norfolk mother of 6 killed inside home
Norfolk, Va. - Norfolk police are investigating what led up to someone murdering a woman inside her Hayes Street home.
Family members identify her as 41-year-old Sheree Simmons.
They say she had six grown children who lived out of state and that she had only moved into the home where she lived by herself a few months ago.
Her cousin who lives across the street had noticed the kitchen door had been open all weekend
When she went to check on her this morning, she found blood on the door and floor and called 911.
As police spent the day gathering evidence, neighbors nearby voiced their concerns about the growing violence in their neighborhood.
“If I can walk out my door and a crime like this happens in the night when I’m sleeping – who knows what I might walk out and see next,” says a neighbor.
They are all wondering who would hurt a woman who didn’t seem to bother anybody.
“She was just telling me about her kids. Her kids were grown now and it’s just her by herself and it felt good that she got her kids away grown and gone, so the only one she had to think about now was herself,” commented a neighbor.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel