Driver could be charged for hitting girl on bicycle
Virginia Beach, Va. – An accident that could have easily been fatal. That’s what neighbors say after a fourteen year-old girl was hit by a car after walking her bike across Princess Anne Road near the intersection with Huckleberry Trail.
News Channel 3 spoke with the girl’s father and she says she’s still in the hospital recovering from her injuries. Injuries, he says could have been much worse.
Aaron Marker, who saw the accident told News Channel 3 the girl was bleeding heavily in and out of consciousness when paramedics got there.
But folks who live near the intersection say accidents like this one are nothing new.
Stephen Massingile has lived in the neighborhood for 25 years. He says it could have turned out much worse and unless there are changes to make the intersection safer, yesterday’s accident will not be the last.
“It’s inevitable. The city has failed to put a light there. Citizens in this neighborhood have asked many a time. There’s been two bus accidents there and multiple car accidents. My daughter had two and this was just something waiting to happen.”
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend