Jefferson Lab to test tornado warning siren on Friday
Depending on weather conditions at the time of the test, the siren could be heard by anyone within a 1.5-mile radius of the lab.
The test will be carried out over a period that could last from 30 seconds to three minutes. The test will be of the wavering tone (also called high-low-high or 10-4-10).
Jefferson Lab uses the siren to quickly alert members of the lab community who are working outdoors to “take cover” in the event of tornadoes and tornado warnings in the immediate vicinity of the lab.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel