Woman arrested after allegedly stealing car with two kids inside
Update: Police have arrested and charged 37-year-old Cyleta Baylor with two counts of abduction and grand larceny.
Baylor is being held in Norfolk City Jail. The 7-year-old girl, and 6-year-old boy inside the car were not harmed, police say, and are with their mother. Stay tuned for updates.
Norfolk, Va.- Two kids are back home safe after the car they were in was stolen on Bonnot Drive in Norfolk on Wednesday night.
Authorities tell NewsChannel 3 that the mother left the car running when a woman saw the vehicle and jumped in and drove off. Police say the suspect did not know that the 6-year-old and 7-year-old were in the back seat.
The vehicle was recovered in the Kmart parking lot on Military Highway just minutes later.
The kids are now back home safe with their mother.
No further information has been released about the suspect, and police are still investigating this case.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time