Atlantic Avenue reopens after gas leak
83rd and Atlantic Ave., Va. Beach
Update: The northbound lane of Atlantic Avenue has been reopened. Crews say the southbound lane will be open shortly. The gas leak has been secured by Virginia Natural Gas.
Virginia Beach, Va. – Virginia Beach Fire crews are responding to a natural gas leak on Atlantic Avenue between 82nd and 83rd Streets.
Construction crews struck a gas line during an excavation operation on Atlantic Avenue.
Atlantic Avenue will be closed in both directions in the area until the leak is secured.
Fire crews will remain on scene until Virginia Natural Gas can arrive and secure the leak.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Victim's family angry after killer gets unsupervised leave