Update: Missing child found safe in Newport News
Update: NewsChannel 3 has learned that Jazmine Sweatenburg has now been found safe.
Newport News, Va. – Newport News Police were asking for the public’s assistance in locating a child reported missing Friday morning.
She was located and is safe.
The mother of 10-year-old Jazmine Sweatenburg notified police around 9:20 a.m. that her daughter was missing and last seen by her grandmother at 35th Street and Marshall Avenue.
Jazmine was reportedly walking home to 3000 Madison Avenue from 35th Street and Marshall.
Jazmine is described as 5’5” tall, 180 pounds and wears her hair in ponytails. She was last seen wearing a bright pink and purple jacket, blue shorts, black sandals and carrying a blue and black bookbag.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Bullying or Fun? Military spouses go to battle over "Dependa" on Facebook
- Wait -- they found a gun hidden WHERE?!
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- UPDATE: Woman caught on camera stealing from baby's grave explains why she did it